Daily Go: Rapid Web Development with Buffalo
Put the fun back in writing Go web applications using the Buffalo framework. A Ruby on Rails inspired, idiomatic, web framework written in Go. Fun, Fast, and easy!
Inspired by Ruby on Rails, this framework aims to make web development in Go both fun, and easy. By curating the best, and most stable, packages, wrapping them together in a friendly, and idiomatic, way, with a dash of code generation, Buffalo takes back web development from languages like Ruby and Python and makes building fast, scalable, web applications a joy in Go!
- HTTP packages in the Go standard library
- HTTP Routing and muxing
- Testing Go HTTP applications
- The Buffalo Web Framework
- Talking to a database
- Working with HTML Forms
- Validating Models
- Writing Helper Functions
- Working with Generators
- Authenticating using Goth
- Writing Middleware
- Understanding the asset pipeline
- Working with JSON
- Creating a custom binder
- Building and deploying to Heroku
- A fully working Go environment and can build a “basic” Go application without the need for documentation and other “guides”.
- Operating Systems
- Has worked with a command shell.
- Knows how to maneuver around the file system.
- Understands what environment variables are.
Materials or Downloads needed in Advance
- A Go compiler, configured to work on your computer
- Your favorite code editor